Monday, June 20, 2011

What Do We Really Want? Part 1

So dear readers I must apologize for my mechanical backward-ness...this piece is actually Part 1 of a previous post entitled What Do We Really Want, I apologize for the hassle, but you will still be able to make the link.:D


This is real, am levelling with the people...cool, true life story.

I've always thought when it came to guys I knew what was best for me. Somehow, I have only met my type of guy maybe once or twice (maybe), this has made me wonder, if I actually had a type. Many guys have I met, and many different shades they were. Never had I believed that I would like someone enough to.....anyway.

Then one day (a couple years ago, actually feels like about 10 years ago), I met this guy, average looking, right height, right built, right complexion, and was quite the dresser. He was really easy on the eyes and in a long line in the bank (he was directly behind me) counting how many people had on black shoes was the next best thing.

So we chatted a little, needless to say he was...lets just say, not the type of guy I'd go for on a regular. He did spark my interest and we kept in touch and what not then after a really long time I started to like him (tum tum tum tuuuuuuuuum).

I tried to convince myself that liking him would be wrong (for more than one reason), but myself convinced me that I did like him and being wrong didn't matter. As time passed he grew on me and this was now the million dollar question..."If I could let myself go and like someone who I believed liked me too (still does...poor thing), could make me laugh, make me feel loved (whatever the hell that was/is), and wants nothing but the best for me, then why in the name of all things good would I continue to run???

El numero uno, and probably the only reason why it didn't work ....he could never tell me what he did to get money and when he did tell me...he spent the rest of time trying to convince me..saying, "it's all good". *Scoffs* like I'm buying that...when we went on the road, he was so antsy...anway. Ya'll get the idea, but everything else well almost everything else was cool...even his mum liked me (yea she thought i was sumn special, its cool i am sumn special;).

Bottom line is, do we really have types, and how often do we get so lucky as to meet that "special" type? Cuz i'm thinking 9 out of 10 times we meet the "almost perfect" girl or guy and the one thing that usually throws us off is sometimes so minim and ridiculous like, the person is too nice..wtf?? Isn't that what we all want, a nice person? My friends always tell me I'm picky and this may very well be true, but doesn't everybody do this at times? What are we really looking for in our mates?

I hate the horse crock story about how the outside doesn't count its the inside that does, uuhhmm, yeah we like to know our partners can connect to us on a spiritual level...but helllerrr!!! whats the point if i find something so very distasteful about how he looks and can't get over it, but everything else is peachy? Or whats the point if he's drop dead gorgeous and nothing else? I could give you lots more comparisons...but am running outa energy,but give it some thought and reply, please, let me see if I really have too much free time on my hands... might do a part two.(I did, its the previous post of the same name)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger