Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Jamaican Dilemma

Ok, so it's been one long year since I came here and made a post. Well I'm here now on account of a story I saw on the TVJ news last night, oh TVJ means Television Jamaica. The story was about this man who went to 'buy sex' from a prostitute, someone he believed to be a female prostitute. Now on getting 'down' to business, he realizes that it wasn't a woman but a well camouflaged man!! So he got into some confrontation with the man/woman and the police got involved. Now seriously, they showed the man/woman and trust me on this he/she looks like a really hot girl, heels and all.
My views on homosexuality are and never will be compromised, I stand on mutual ground. So basically for me if a man wants to be with another man, then so be it. Likewise if a woman wants to be with a woman then thats that. I will not play the preacher and start with the oh its wrong and blah blah blah...because at the end of the day who are we to judge. But seriously, what irked me about this story was the AUDACITY of the man/woman to accept the offer of the unsuspecting man, poor thing must have nearly had a heart attack. I must admit it was kinda funny...I think with all the homophobic 'ness' in Jamaica, homosexuals have a certain level of freedom to be who they are, keyword being 'be' not act..which would involve any form of public display of affection. With all of this there are somethings that still puzzle me, like why is it that people seem more tolerant to lesbians as opposed to male homosexuals? and why are most men turned on instantly by a bisexual female? Why the double standard?
I've always heard but I'm just believing the more things change the more they remain the same! Thats whats up,

Peace
J'can Empress

No comments:

Powered By Blogger